The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) is responsible for regulating and controlling the manufacture, importation, exportation, advertisement and distribution of the food products in Nigeria. It is necessary to emphasize that, no food products shall be manufactured, imported, exported, advertised, sold or distributed in Nigeria unless it has been registered in accordance with the provisions of NAFDAC (National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control) Act CAP N1 (LFN) 2004, other related legislations and the accompanying Guidelines.
In order to market some products, they must be submitted to a process of administrative authorization. This process exists to safeguard the public health, ensuring the quality of products as drugs, food, cosmetics, chemicals, biologicals and medical devices. The Guidelines are for the interest of the general public and importers of herbal remedies/dietary supplements in Nigeria. A written application for the registration of imported Herbal Remedies/Dietary Supplements should be made on the company’s letter head paper to the Director-General (NAFDAC). A separate application form should be submitted for each product.
As the NAFDAC product registration process is stringent, it could be cumbersome and tedious if not done in an appropriate manner. The major reason is lack of working information on what is required. This could lead to wasted time and energy, as the unprepared applicant goes back and forth. Freyr team has full expertise in NAFDAC Product registration.
- Regulatory Strategy for Nigeria
- Product Classification
- Formula Review/Ingredients Assessment
- Label and Claims Review
- Compilation and Submission of Dossier to Health Authority
- Legal Representation
- Regulatory Support Report
- GMP Audit Support and Trademark Registration
- Import Guidance
- Regulatory support for Obtaining Import Permit
- Support for Warehouse inspection by NAFDAC
- End-to-end Regulatory consultation for NAFDAC product Registration
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, etc.
- Support for region-specific Regulatory activities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with NAFDAC
- Structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed to market for the product